Welcome to The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center
Your brain is an amazing organ. It is the most complex part of the human body and the “command center” for the entire nervous system. All that we think, feel, and create originates in this three-pound organ. Your brain is “you”—and there’s nothing more important than keeping it healthy.
The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, a division of Whole-Body Medicine, is dedicated to keeping your brain sharp and high-functioning. Not only do we treat head injuries and brain traumas such as concussion and stroke, we help a wide array of clients—from athletes to students to businesspeople—improve their performance on the playing field, in the classroom, and in the workplace. In fact, we help “wellness seekers” of every stripe dramatically improve their quality of life.
Our therapies are used to treat a wide variety of mental and emotional issues:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Memory Problems
- Obsessive Compulsive
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- …and more
The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center offers a variety of cutting-edge therapies and diagnostic tools aimed at healing the injured brain and boosting performance. For example:
- EEG with sLORETA Brain Imaging. An electroencephalogram (EEG) is one of the most accurate tools to measure the functioning of the brain. Employing several EEG technologies (including cutting-edge sLORETA capabilities to measure electrical function deep in the brain), The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center can accurately image the brain and detect abnormal brain wave patterns. This can help us evaluate whether an injury has occurred, as well as whether brain wave patterns associated with infections, allergies, and more are present.
- CNS Vital Signs. Used by the U.S. military, CNS Vital Signs is a 30- to 40-minute computerized test that can determine a patient’s cognitive abilities with a high degree of accuracy. Baseline results that are obtained from healthy patients are especially useful in determining the type and extent of later brain injuries.
- Neurofeedback. As patients’ brain waves are read in real time, special software gives rewards—for example, audible feedback or making a movie brighter—when desired brain wave patterns occur. This prompts the brain to subconsciously eliminate abnormal patterns and grow toward optimal health.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). After patients are placed inside a hyperbaric oxygen chamber with an oxygen concentration of 100 percent, the chamber is slowly raised between 1.5 to 2 times the normal atmospheric pressure. This allows more oxygen to enter the bloodstream and cerebral spinal fluid. Where oxygen concentration is increased, inflammation is reduced and healing is enhanced. Research has shown that HBOT dramatically improves both blood flow and function in the brain after injury.
- Altitude Contrast Training (ACT). During short periods of training, patients breathe varying controlled concentrations of oxygen (ranging from 15 percent to 100 percent) through a mask. This floods the brain’s blood vessels and tissues with healing oxygen. Any swelling that might be present is reduced, and the byproducts of inflammation are carried away by the circulatory system.
- Phototherapy. In laser light therapy (the most cutting-edge version of phototherapy), the brain cells’ mitochondria absorb the laser’s photonic energy. This increases ATP (the energy molecule of the cell), DNA, and RNA synthesis, which decreases inflammation and quite possibly promotes the growth of new neurons.
- Homeopathy. Homeopathic medicine uses highly diluted natural substances to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities. This gentle yet effective medicine can yield almost instantaneous results. Since each case is unique, Dr. Breiner recommends specific remedies based on the symptoms a patient is presenting.
- Nutrition and Nutraceuticals Counseling. Depending on the patient’s symptoms and goals, The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center may recommend various nutrients to target neurons’ energy systems, enhance intercellular communication, and support healthy blood flow. Additionally, we may recommend that strong antioxidants be incorporated into a patient’s diet while pro-inflammatory foods (like sugar and gluten) are eliminated.
- System Detoxification. Toxins from our environment (such as mercury, aluminum, and chemicals found in pesticides) are one of the most potent causes of cellular dysregulation and inflammation. As the result of constant toxin exposure, the brain is often found to be in an inflamed state. At The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, we help patients lower their toxic load and believe this is one of the keys to allowing the body and brain to heal.
- Higher Brain Living®. The Higher Brain Living System helps patients maximize the brain’s full—and usually untapped—potential. Using a gentle-touch technique to direct your body’s flow of energy to the prefrontal cortex (the most evolved part of the brain), our certified Higher Brain Living facilitators can help increase your confidence, clarity, concentration, and productivity, as well as reduce your stress levels.
When you improve your brain’s performance, you’ll not only think more clearly and feel better overall, you’ll unleash your full potential. You may even find that you’re able to change old habits and limiting beliefs, break free from fear, revitalize relationships, and find greater satisfaction in every aspect of your life. The greatest barriers to your best life may all be in your head—and with the help of The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, you can break them down and move forward.