When Tiffany was three, the pedodontist recommended and placed amalgam fillings and stainless steel crowns. Immediately following the procedure, this previously healthy, active toddler fell ill and had a dramatic increase in her white cell count. They suspected leukemia and placed her in the care of an oncologist. She had not gained a pound in a full year, suffered from recurrent fevers, low energy and a diminished immune system. When she came to me, I recommended that she be tested immunologically for dental materials, and she was found to be reactive to mercury and nickel. We removed all the metals in her mouth and she is now fine. The so called "leukemia" was simply a normal physical reaction to being poisoned by metals that the small child's system simply could not handle. It was a tragedy that should never have begun.