WELCOME TO THE NEUROEDGE BRAIN PERFORMANCE CENTER
Your brain is an amazing organ. It is the most complex part of the human body and the “command center” for the entire nervous system. All that we think, feel, and create originates in this three-pound organ. Your brain is “you”—and there’s nothing more important than keeping it healthy. Located in Fairfield, Connecticut, The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, a division of Whole-Body Medicine, is dedicated to keeping your brain sharp and high-functioning. Not only do we treat head injuries and brain traumas such as concussion and stroke, we help a wide array of clients—from athletes to students to businesspeople—improve their performance on the playing field, in the classroom, and in the workplace. In fact, we help “wellness seekers” of every stripe dramatically improve their quality of life. Our therapies are used to treat a wide variety of physical, mental and emotional issues:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Memory Problems
- Obsessive Compulsive
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- …and more
The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center offers a variety of cutting-edge therapies and diagnostic tools aimed at healing the injured brain and boosting performance. For example:
- EEG with sLORETA Brain Imaging. An electroencephalogram (EEG) is one of the most accurate tools to measure the functioning of the brain. Employing several EEG technologies (including cutting-edge sLORETA capabilities to measure electrical function deep in the brain), The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center can accurately image the brain and detect abnormal brain wave patterns. This can help us evaluate whether an injury has occurred, as well as whether brain wave patterns associated with metabolic imbalances, infections, allergies, and more are present.
- Neurocognitive Testing. Used by the U.S. military, CNS Vital Signs is a 30- to 40-minute computerized test that can determine a patient’s cognitive abilities with a high degree of accuracy. Baseline results that are obtained from healthy patients are especially useful in determining the type and extent of later brain injuries or cognitive decline.
- Balance Tracking. The BTrackS™ Balance Tracking System is a diagnostic tool that provides a baseline assessment, against a normative database, for measuring and tracking your balance in a quick and easy two-minute test. Good balance indicates the health of the brain and vestibular system. Following a neurological injury, balance tracking can indicate the body’s performance and level of healing.
- Neurofeedback. As patients’ brain waves are read in real time, special software gives rewards—for example, audible feedback or making a movie brighter—when desired brain wave patterns occur. This prompts the brain to subconsciously eliminate abnormal patterns and grow toward optimal performance.
- Pulsed Magnetic and Transcranial Electrical Stimulation. Pulsed magnetic and transcranial electrical stimulation are noninvasive procedures that stimulate nerve cells and helps correct imbalances in the brain, guided by advanced EEG brain mapping. These therapies can be used in conjunction with neurofeedback.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). After patients are placed inside a hyperbaric oxygen chamber with an oxygen concentration of 100 percent, the chamber is slowly raised between 1.5 to 2 times the normal atmospheric pressure. This allows more oxygen to enter the bloodstream and cerebral spinal fluid. Where oxygen concentration is increased, inflammation is reduced and healing is enhanced. Research has shown that HBOT dramatically improves both blood flow and function in the brain after injury and increases your circulating stem cells.
- Altitude Contrast Training (ACT). During short periods of training, patients breathe varying controlled concentrations of oxygen (ranging from 15 percent to 100 percent) through a mask. This floods the brain’s blood vessels and tissues with healing oxygen. Any swelling that might be present is reduced, and the byproducts of inflammation are carried away by the circulatory system.
- Photobiomodulation. Healing at the speed of light, laser light phototherapy is absorbed by the brain cell’s mitochondria to increase ATP (the energy molecule of the cell), DNA, and RNA synthesis, while decreasing inflammation and quite possibly growing new neurons.
- Homeopathy. Homeopathic medicine uses highly diluted natural substances to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities. This gentle yet effective medicine can yield almost instantaneous results. Since each case is unique, Dr. Breiner recommends specific remedies based on the symptoms a patient is presenting.
- Nutrition and Nutraceuticals Counseling. Depending on the patient’s symptoms and goals, The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center may recommend various nutrients to target neurons’ energy systems, enhance synaptic communication, and support healthy blood flow. Additionally, we may recommend that strong antioxidants be incorporated into a patient’s diet while testing for foods that can lead to inflammation in the brain and body.
- System Detoxification. Toxins from our environment (heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and aluminum, and chemicals such as pesticides) are one of the most potent causes of cellular dysregulation and inflammation. As the result of constant toxin exposure, the brain is often found to be in an inflamed state. At The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, we help patients lower their toxic load and believe this is one of the keys to allowing the body and brain to heal.
- TBI and Brain Rejuvenation Protocol We are the only clinic in the region offering this patented procedure to help those suffering from traumatic brain injuries. This patented treatment consists of: Internasal Activated PRP (platelet-rich plasma) with insulin: Insulin and PRP are specially administered to help heal the injured brain and improve cognitive function and memory; IV Therapy: Targeted nutrients to help increase cellular energy and aid in the healing process; HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy): Patients breathe concentrated oxygen inside a pressurized chamber to dramatically improve blood flow and function in the brain, as well as increase stem cell production and circulation; Cranial Osteopathy: to help the cranial structures and cerebral spinal fluid flow; Nutraceutical Support: Targeted to enhance brain function and healing; Neurotherapy: transcranial electrical and magnetic stimulation for improving neuronal communication and improving blood flow. May also include Stem Cell Exosome Therapy, Photobiomodulation, and Neurofeedback.
When you improve your brain’s performance, you’ll not only think more clearly and feel better overall, you’ll unleash your full potential. You may even find that you’re able to change old habits and limiting beliefs, break free from fear, revitalize relationships, and find greater satisfaction in every aspect of your life. The greatest barriers to your best life may all be in your head—and with the help of The NeuroEdge Brain Performance Center, you can break them down and move forward. Call Us: 203-371-8258