Does your mouth reveal your health secrets?
When you sit in the dentist’s chair, you expect the exam to uncover issues in the mouth—and the mouth only. But your teeth and tissues that are exposed when you open wide may hold clues about your risk for heart disease, cancer, arthritis, reproductive issues, and much more—sometimes long before a physician might notice other warning signs.
Your mouth is a window into your overall health—and your dentist should play an integral role in diagnosing, treating, and/or preventing health problems from your head to your toes. That’s the premise of Whole-Body Dentistry®, which represents a shift away from the traditional “mouth-only” focus on oral hygiene, fillings, and extractions.
This comprehensive, easy-to-understand guide will enable you to understand the vital relationship between your mouth and your health so that you can make informed dental choices that support lifelong wellbeing. You’ll learn:
- How your mouth “works,” and how it impacts other parts of the body
- Which common dental treatments may be endangering your health
- Which health problems can often be traced back to the mouth
- Which new tools, diagnostics, procedures, and protocols are available
- How—and when—to advocate for your health in the dentist’s office
- ..and much more (including resources to help you find holistic dentists, products, and services)
Valuable and eye-opening, Whole-Body Dentistry is a must-have resource for consumers and healthcare professionals alike.
Mark A. Breiner, DDS, FAGD, FIAOMT a pioneer and recognized authority in the field of biological and dentistry, is a health visionary with over 30 years of experience. He has been a leader in challenging the safety of placing mercury in the mouth and has identified other dental hazards to one’s health. A graduate of Temple University School of Dentistry, Dr. Breiner is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, a past-president and Fellow of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and a Diplomate of the College of Dentistry, American Association of Integrative Medicine.