Steps You Can Take
- Avoid Sugar. Sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately and a strong immune system is the key to fighting off viruses and other illnesses including the flu. Be aware that sugar is present in many foods.
- Get Enough Rest. Regular rest will keep you strong and ensure that your body has the strength to fight off any potential invaders.
- Eat Garlic Regularly. It is important to note that garlic must be fresh to give you optimum health benefits. Compress garlic with a spoon before consumption to get its’ active ingredient (Allicin). Be sure to consume the compressed garlic within one hour of “smashing” it. If you feel like you are coming under-the-weather, take a spoonful of fresh garlic!
- Don’t Let Stress Become Overwhelming. We all face some stress everyday, but is stress becomes overwhelming than your body won’t be able to fight off the flu and other illnesses. Various kinds of stress relief such as meditation and yoga can be utilized.
- Exercise. When you exercise you increase your circulation and blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are better circulated which means your immune system has a better chance of finding an illness before it has a chance to spread.
- Wash Your Hands. Washing your hands is a sure-fire way to decrease your likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth, eyes or other people.
- Schedule an Office Visit. We are all unique and have different strengths and weaknesses. Your treatment plan may include certain vitamins, homeopathics, botanicals, nutriceuticals and a diet that is customized for your individual needs.